Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Write your state congressmen

I just wrote a letter to my state congressman asking that he introduce legislation to require the Secretary of State to investigate all presidential candidates.  I urge you all to do the same.  We need to get this into law before 2012.
 
Here's what I wrote: (feel free to copy)  Also, you can go to www.congress.org to mail your congressmen.
 

March 30, 2010

[recipient address was inserted here]

[recipient name was inserted here],

I urge you to write and/or  support a bill requiring the Secretary of State to verify the eligibility of all presidential candidates.

This legislation should include verifying birth certificates and other such documentation as necessary to determine if the candidate is a natural-born citizen, among other requirements for eligibility.

If the Secretary finds that the candidate is not eligible, then the candidate's name should be removed from Texas ballots.

Thank you.

No comments: