Saturday, August 27, 2011

Craig's list score! Cast iron stove and oven


Yesterday I picked up a stove and a granny cylinder oven on Craigslist for $75. There is some repair work needed on the oven but I think some high temp metal tape will seal it up good- that way my baked food won't taste all smokey. The oven can take a 8x12" pan, which is plenty for baking a single loaf of bread.  The stove like this one sells new at Northern Tool for $300 and the cylinder ovens like the one I got retail for $275- $300.  I saw this one on Amazon:



So, new these items would have cost me about $600.  I got them for $75- plus about 6 feet of cheap stove pipe.  That's a good deal in my book.

This is my second cast iron wood burning stove.


The first I bought from Northern Tool 2 years ago. I think this one I just bought will be perfect for my retreat. (If the weather ever cools down again.)

Note: I believe that there is supposed to be a 2' section of chimney pipe between the stove and the oven- I just put it on like this for the photograph.  No idea who made it- any ideas?

Also acquired another. 22 CAL. It was the first gun I ever shot. A Springfield savage 187s.  Tube-fed semi auto.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

I've never seen a stove/oven like that. I like it. Great find.