Thursday, December 10, 2009

Survival Seeds Review

I got my seeds in the mail today from http://hometownseeds.com

I haven't planted them yet- so I can't honestly comment on whether they will germinate and grow...but if the service and high quality packaging are any indication, they will be just fine.

The seeds came speedy fast via priority mail and came packaged in a vacuum sealed durable metallic bag.  There was also a thank you note as well as a good-sized information pamphlet that had details on each seed type included and information on soil preparation.  There were 16 different types of seeds included- they claim that there is enough to plant 3/4 of an acre.  That's a lot of seeds- the bag was quite hefty for the size.

I will likely plant some of these seeds this spring and will give you an update as that progresses.  They are all non hybrid seeds.  So, if you're looking for some survival seeds, but the $100 can is just too much, try out this company- with a survival package at $34.99 you really can't go wrong.  I always thought that growing from seeds was going to be tough- I found out that really isn't the case.  Also- it's WAY cheaper to do it from seeds than from buying the potted plant at Wally World.

No comments: